In The Cavity of a Rock

In The Cavity of a Rock
Father Lehi

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update to Jordan Metal Plates



Well I was quite pleased to see that yahoo.com finally popped on a story that William Hamblin brought to my attention almost a month ago. Apparently the story was actually brought to the main stream media by bbc.co.uk reporter Robert Pigott. I am refering to my post on 3\8 that can be read at the following link: http://inthecavityofarock.blogspot.com/2011/03/metal-plates-found-in-jordan-but-are.html

Although they were three weeks late on the metal plates story they did add some very interesting insights and some great pictures. Its a total of over 70 codices and apparently there are portions that are actually "sealed", thats right I said "sealed"! Who in their right mind has ever heard of metal plates that had a portion of them sealed? (Go figure?)

Needless to say when I saw that I almost leaped out of my chair at work. I immediatly thought back to the book of Ether when Mormon is speaking about the vision that Ether saw. In Ether 4:4-7 Mormon states,

"4. Behold, I have written upon these plates the very things which the brother of Jared saw; and there never were greater things made manifest than those which were made manifest unto the brother of Jared.


5. Wherefore the Lord hath commanded me to write them; and I have written them. And he commnded me that I should seal them up; and he also hath commanded that I should seal up the interpretation thereof; whereore I have sealed up the interpreters, according to the commandment of the Lord.

6. For the Lord said unto me: They shall not go foth unto the Gentiles until the day that they shall repent of their iniquity, and become clean before the Lord.

7. And in that day that they shall exercise faith in me, saith th Lord even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become sanctified in me, then will I manifest unto them the things which the brother of Jared saw, even to the unfolding unto them all my revelations, saith Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of the heavens and of the earth, and all things that in them are."

Now we don't know what are in the Jordan metal plates or their sealed portion and we don't even know if these are legitimate plates and not a fraudulent scam. Because we do know that there are images of a menorah that have been etched in various pages according to the bbc.co.uk article and the yahoo article they have been able to translate one line so far that states, "I shall walk uprightly"--a phrase that also appears in Revelation. "While it could be simply a sentiment common in Judaism," BBC writer Robert Pigott notes, "it could here be designed to refer to the resurrection."

It will more than likely be years before we know if these plates are what they claim to be. Experts claim that it would be impossible to artifically achieve the corrosion that has built up around and on the plates. Until then, I hope that we can take versus 6 and 7 of Ether 4 to heart and remember that their is a challenge made by the Lord for the sealed portion of the Golden Plates to be revealed to us in due time depending upon our faith and actions that would bring the fullness of the Lords mysteries and revelations to mankind. I've also included the link to the yahoo news\bbc.co.uk article below.




No comments:

Post a Comment