In The Cavity of a Rock

In The Cavity of a Rock
Father Lehi

Friday, July 2, 2010

Hugh Nibley on Abraham

I am adding this short video because it is of one of my favorite LDS scholars Hugh Nibley. I added it because it shows the depth of research he has put into the scriptures. He gets visibly emotional when speaking on part of the story of Abraham. It seems to me that his understanding of Abrahams situation at this time is on a very personal level thus the emotion. I feel at times while reading the scriptures that I wish that I could know these people personally. I know the day will come when we will all be able to meet and share our testimonies and partake of each others goodness but until then I only hope to be able to liken the scriptures to my life to the point that I can feel this way when describing them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fairldsorg#p/a/f/0/SceHlK2P4GI

No comments:

Post a Comment